I am slightly more confident in the verifiability of Wikipedia's information. Wiki tried to convince me that several people had to approve or edit an article before changes can be published, so I'd like to know how silly things get posted so often.
I was pleased to see that Wiki is mostly HTML coding as that's something I really like to do. That will make creating and editing pages a lot easier for me.
If teachers were aware if this tutorial and learning process, they might be a little more comfortable with allowing students to use Wikipedia, but I still would not allow my students to cite Wikipedia itself. I am not convinced that it is completely reliable, since it has so many authors, editors, and mistakes. I would like my students to use Wiki as a starting point, to build the foundation of their knowledge on a subject, but use published sources as citations.
No comments:
Post a Comment