Most, if not all, of my teachers in the past sound like a broken record, "You can't use Wikipedia." However, one of my teachers was brave enough to point out that Wiki is a great place to start, since a Wiki article is just a collection of information from different sources. If we found something we liked off Wiki, we just looked for the source to see if we could access it and use it. I thought that was a great idea. There is no use in completely ignoring Wiki, as it is rife with useful information. I just had to learn how to use it to my advantage.
As far as my non-academic life, I'm not afraid to say I basically depend on Wikipedia. If I just want a quick explanation or basic information about something I'm unfamiliar with, Wiki is the place to go. Their articles are often in depth, and as of lately, you have to be a member (or something, idk) to be able to edit the article, so not just any idiot can add gibberish as a joke anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment